topbella

Friday, April 29, 2011

Business Meets Fashion

I am constantly a day or two behind on posting, please bear with me. I just simply wanted to share my fashionable, yet business appropriate outfit that I wore for a presentation this week! I am wearing a cardigan from H&M, blouse from The Limited, pencil skirt from H&M, belt from Express(which I have since lost!!)and Jones NY shoes from DSW. Sometimes its hard to find the right balance between Business and Fashion, but I think I have finally figured it out!

Here is what I have learned:

1.Always wear a closed toe heel that is preferably a pointed toe around 3 in in height(style+comfort).

2.Solid black basic are your friend!

3.Offset the solid colors with a fun printed blouse.

4.Don't show too much skin- skirts should be to the knee, and please no cleavage.

5.Finally accessorize, but keep it to a minimum- one accessory is usually enough.

So now I want to ask you how do you incorporate your personal style for school or work?

1 comment:

Style-Edition said...

I completely agree! I hate when girls wear too short skirts in professional settings.

Pencil skirts are my work go to! I can always tuck in my fun/stylish weekend tops and add a sweater for work appropriate look.

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a 22 year old college student who is trying to find her way in life.