topbella

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Engagement?...No I think not.


I'm here at my boyfriends house this week. Last night I decided to cook dinner for the family. I watch a lot of food network so I had a few ideas. His mom showed me the whole chicken she had in the freezer and I knew what I would make. I really enjoy watching Ina Garten, "Barefoot Contessa", who is often making chicken on her show, so I naturally took a recipe from her. I made her Engagement Roast Chicken, which had been renamed that after she was told by women that all worked in the same office, who when anyone made this for their boyfriend they were then engaged within 24 hours! I did not make this with the hopes of my boyfriend asking me to marry him though, I only made it to happily feed his family. It indeed came out good too(and it actually looked a lot like the picture!), for sides I made green beans and mashed cauliflower. This is a great meal for an averaged sized family but with the seven of us(4 of them boys!) the meat went fast. I will be making this again, maybe with some slight changes, and maybe next time I will actually be looking for that special question...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a 22 year old college student who is trying to find her way in life.